Samsung has started rolling out Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) Update for Galaxy J5 (2015) in India. This update is available Over-The-Air(OTA) and size of the update is 874.17MB. Users can check for the update by just going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates. The version of the update is J500FXXU1BPF4/J500FODD1BPF4/J500FDDU1BPF2. The official change log of the update is as follow.
- OS Upgrade – Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- The new touchwiz provides enhanced usability and an updated visual design
- Advanced power saving mode restricts background data and extends battery life
- A new vibration pattern concept has been applied
- Settings for the following has been reset : Theme/Email,Icon/Widget
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow doesn’t support the decrypt device function. If you mobile is encrypted, encryption cannot be disabled after upgrading, it must be disabled before you upgrade your device. To disable encryption go to Settings – Lock Screen and security – other security settings, then select Decrypt device.
- Some apps that were installed via Lollipop OS may need to be updated after upgrading to Marshmallow OS. Go to Galaxy Apps or Play Store to update apps.
- If present, the email shortcut on your home screen will be removed during the upgrade. It can be added to the home screen again after upgrading
If you have already updated your device do tell us your experience in the comments below.